How Hormone Imbalances Can Affect Men
Last month, The KadileAtric Power PrincipleⓇ reviewed how hormone imbalances affect women; in part two of our series, we learn how they can affect men, as well. Because women have more obvious hormonal fluctuations (during menses, pregnancy, and menopause, for example), their concerns are more frequently addressed. The truth is, men are equally affected by hormone imbalances. Here are some symptoms to be aware of, potential causes, and suggestions for how to handle your symptoms.
They Really Are Everything
Hormones control every system in your body. They can make you tired and moody, cause you to lose hair and gain weight, make your skin dry and your bones week. When they are in balance, your energy and mood will be high, your weight will be stable, and you’ll feel and look great in general.
Symptoms to Be Aware Of
Traditional medical practitioners often overlook hormone imbalances as a cause of many typical health concerns. For this reason, it is critical that you are informed so you can advocate for your health. Here are some of the symptoms that men experience when their hormones are out of whack:
- Chronic fatigue
- Depression and/or anxiety
- Unexplained weight gain
- Difficulty maintaining muscle mass
- Insomnia and/or sleep apnea
- Low libido and/or the inability to maintain an erection
- Memory loss or brain fog
- Gynecomastia (development of breasts)
- Hair loss
One or more of these symptoms could be an indication of:
- Hypo/Hyperthyroidism — Hypothyroidism occurs when your thyroid doesn’t produce enough hormones, and hyperthyroidism is when it produces too much. Either way, it can wreak havoc on your entire body.
- Andropause — Male menopause is a real thing. Andropause can occur when testosterone levels decline.
- Adrenal Fatigue — When your adrenal system is fatigued, it is unable to produce sufficient amounts of cortisol, the hormone that helps your body respond to stressors.
Any number of things can cause hormone fluctuations in men, including some types of cancers. The good news is that, at The KadileAtric Power PrincipleⓇ, we go beyond treating the symptoms, we seek to identify the causes of your hormone imbalances. With extensive testing and an extensive number of treatment options, we are able to help women and men alike find relief. When you’ve lost faith in your healthcare team, give us a call. We proudly serve patients in Green Bay, Wisconsin, and the surrounding areas.